12 November 2019
12 November 2019
4 November 2019
- Target the company car market to boost the uptake of electric vehicles.
- Address non-monetary factors in vehicle purchase decisions.
- Use stated preference surveys to improve understanding of consumer choices
16 September 2019
- Re-orient and harmonise maritime subsidy policies.
- Clarify objectives of maritime subsidies.
- Make maritime subsidies more conditional on positive impacts.
- Design maritime subsidies in ways that avoid market distortions.
- Improve transparency around maritime subsidies.
22 May 2019
- Develop standards and platforms for the collection and sharing of safety-critical vehicle data.
- Ensure privacy in the use of safety-critical data.
- Refine the applications of surrogate traffic safety metrics.
- Harness Big Data for road safety but beware of biases.
- Review training needs for road safety professionals.
- Empower transport users and workers through mechanisms to report safety concerns.
- Make safety-critical vehicle data available for telematics applications.
- Find ways to integrate smartphones into Cooperative-ITS to benefit all users.
- Improve and link police and hospital data on road crash injuries.
- Prevent, detect and signal driver distractions.
- Revise trigger mechanisms for automatic crash notification and event data recording.
- Share data to enforce limits on driving hours in the gig economy.
- Favour more accurate and relevant geo-spatial accuracy for safety applications.
- Update legal frameworks to account for ubiquitous sensing data and their use in improving safety.
1 May 2019
- Use the potential of High Capacity Vehicles to increase transport efficiency, reduce traffic volumes, lower emissions and achieve better safety outcomes.
- Use well-monitored trials to introduce High Capacity Vehicles on a road network.
- Configure High Capacity Vehicles for the specific area in which they will operate.
10 April 2019
- Develop mobility plans and observatories in cities.
- Use appropriate indicators to measure the safety of vulnerable road users.
- Collect traffic casualty data from hospitals and from the population, not only from police records.
- Improve the comparability of road safety statistics. Adopt ambitious targets for casualty number reduction.
- Focus on protecting vulnerable road users.
- Conduct further research on crash risks.
- Local government should demonstrate leadership.
- Gather evidence that can serve as fundament of road safety policy.
- Create strong Metropolitan Transport Authorities.
19 March 2019
- Make use of smart technologies part of the response to congestion.
- Invest in improving junctions where these create bottlenecks.
- Use hard-shoulder running and ramp metering to get the most out of trunk road capacity.
- Use congestion pricing for active traffic management as part of integrated urban policies.
- Adopt barrier-free electronic tolling to remove bottlenecks.
12 March 2019
- Desarrollar observatorios de movilidad en las ciudades.
- Recolectar datos de accidentes de tráfico de los hospitales, no solo de los registros policiales.
- Adoptar objetivos ambiciosos para reducir el número de víctimas.
- Centrarse en la protección de los usuarios vulnerables de la vía pública.
- Utilizar indicadores apropiados para medir la seguridad de los usuarios vulnerables de la vía pública en las ciudades.
- Calcular la población que se desplaza de día para mejorar la comparabilidad de las estadísticas de seguridad vial.
- Dar prioridad a la investigación sobre accidentes de tráfico urbanos.
4 March 2019
22 February 2019
24 January 2019
- Ensure international harmonisation of regulation for autonomous trucks.
- Use the flexibility within existing regulatory frameworks to accommodate vehicle automation technologies.
- Weigh the advantages, disadvantages and limits to stretching existing regulatory frameworks to cover safe vehicle automation.
- Consider data-led approaches for regulating vehicles with high automation levels. Consider government intervention to address labour issues if and where they arise.
15 January 2019