Innovations for Better Rural Mobility
Research Report, Policy Insights,
16 December 2021
- Formulate a countrywide accessibility policy and implement Sustainable Regional Mobility Plans (SRMP).
- Adopt a whole-of-government approach for rural public services and the local economy.
- Make regulations more flexible to allow for the development of innovative, cost-effective mobility solutions.
- Combine public mobility budgets to achieve cost savings.
- Fund pilot schemes to test innovative mobility concepts.
- Prioritise financial support for innovative services according to higher impact levels rather than use of high tech.
- Use innovative financing approaches to increase funding pools and viability of individual transport services.
- Increase central government funding for shared and active travel in rural areas.
- Provide technical assistance for rural mobility at the national or regional level.
- Promote mobility hubs to connect local services to the core network.
- Support the development of national or regional Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
Integrating Public Transport into Mobility as a Service
Roundtable Report, Policy Insights,
17 October 2021
- Adopt a light and flexible regulatory approach that allows Mobility as a Service to evolve.
- Integrate the governance of Mobility as a Service into broader sustainable mobility policies.
- Allow public transport operators the freedom to negotiate with Mobility as a Service providers.
- Create data-sharing frameworks that are as open as possible, as constrained as necessary.
- Define common building blocks for sharing data within a Mobility as a Service eco-system.