29 June 2015
- We are currently seeing a major change in the perception of ‘public transport’.
- Demand-responsive transport is seen as one of the key options to meet public transport challenges in rural areas.
- Significant scope still exists for ‘conventional’ public transport.
- Better coordination between different types of services is required.
- Relaxing quantitative taxi regulation can enable new innovative solutions.
30 April 2015
- Cost savings from bigger container ships are decreasing.
- The transport costs due to larger ships could be substantial.
- Supply chain risks related to mega-container ships are rising.
- Public policies need to better take account of this and act accordingly.
- Further increase of maximum container ship size would raise ransport costs.