Developing Innovative Mobility Solutions in the Brussels-Capital Region
7 September 2021
Reforming Public Transport Planning and Delivery
Research Report, Policy Insights,
24 February 2020
- Let government plan transport services, but at a decentralised level.
- Consider corporatising publicly operated transport services.
- Pay close attention to system design where competition in public transport provision is introduced.
- Pay attention to service quality as well as costs to achieve a sustainable public transport system.
- Take the broader urban context into account in designing and adopting public transport reforms.
Policy Priorities for Decarbonising Urban Passenger Transport
Case-Specific Policy Analysis, Policy Insights,
21 October 2018
- Develop coherent electric mobility strategies for urban areas.
- Tailor urban decarbonising pathways to the development priorities of different country groups.
- Engage in holistic and prospective urban development planning that prioritises connectivity between different modes of travel.
- Forge new collaborations between relevant actors to address the sustainability challenges of urban passenger transport.
- Continue to employ and refine demand management measures to incentivise the use of sustainable transport modes.
- Consider behavioural factors in both supply- and demand-side decarbonisation measures for urban transport.
Integrating Urban Public Transport Systems and Cycling
Roundtable Report, Policy Insights,
25 April 2018
- Design interchange stations to provide secure, uncongested conditions for transfer by the shortest routes possible.
- Provide adequate bike parking areas at stations and stops.
- Integrate ticketing and information systems as well as the physical transport infrastructure.
- Establish integrated urban transport plans in consultation with stakeholders and the public.
Linking People and Places
Corporate Partnership Board Report, Policy Insights,
30 May 2017
- Design accessibility metrics to matter for people and policies.
- Leverage new data sources and methods for accessibility analysis.
- Invest in accessibility, not just roads, in fast growing cities.
- Make use of accessibility analyses to support decision-making.
L'acquis CEMT/Principal Acts of the ECMT 1953-2003
1 January 2003
Messages clés pour les gouvernements
1 January 2002
Key Messages for Governments
1 January 2002