8 January 2024
7 March 2023
9 January 2023
12 December 2022
16 December 2021
- Formulate a countrywide accessibility policy and implement Sustainable Regional Mobility Plans (SRMP).
- Adopt a whole-of-government approach for rural public services and the local economy.
- Make regulations more flexible to allow for the development of innovative, cost-effective mobility solutions.
- Combine public mobility budgets to achieve cost savings.
- Fund pilot schemes to test innovative mobility concepts.
- Prioritise financial support for innovative services according to higher impact levels rather than use of high tech.
- Use innovative financing approaches to increase funding pools and viability of individual transport services.
- Increase central government funding for shared and active travel in rural areas.
- Provide technical assistance for rural mobility at the national or regional level.
- Promote mobility hubs to connect local services to the core network.
- Support the development of national or regional Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
22 November 2021
7 September 2021
18 May 2020
6 April 2020
24 February 2020
- Let government plan transport services, but at a decentralised level.
- Consider corporatising publicly operated transport services.
- Pay close attention to system design where competition in public transport provision is introduced.
- Pay attention to service quality as well as costs to achieve a sustainable public transport system.
- Take the broader urban context into account in designing and adopting public transport reforms.
21 May 2019
21 October 2018
- Develop coherent electric mobility strategies for urban areas.
- Tailor urban decarbonising pathways to the development priorities of different country groups.
- Engage in holistic and prospective urban development planning that prioritises connectivity between different modes of travel.
- Forge new collaborations between relevant actors to address the sustainability challenges of urban passenger transport.
- Continue to employ and refine demand management measures to incentivise the use of sustainable transport modes.
- Consider behavioural factors in both supply- and demand-side decarbonisation measures for urban transport.
21 May 2018
25 April 2018
- Design interchange stations to provide secure, uncongested conditions for transfer by the shortest routes possible.
- Provide adequate bike parking areas at stations and stops.
- Integrate ticketing and information systems as well as the physical transport infrastructure.
- Establish integrated urban transport plans in consultation with stakeholders and the public.
30 May 2017
- Design accessibility metrics to matter for people and policies.
- Leverage new data sources and methods for accessibility analysis.
- Invest in accessibility, not just roads, in fast growing cities.
- Make use of accessibility analyses to support decision-making.
27 January 2015
1 January 2003
1 January 2002
1 January 2002