Asia Outreach in Korea
ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim leads an ITF delegation on a high-level visit to Korea from 5 to 9 December as part of the ITF's strategic outreach to Asia. The Korea mission is followed by a visit to Japan and comes after the first ITF High-level Regional Dialogue on Transport for Asia, held in Bangkok, Thailand, on 22 November.
The visit to Korea will include the following high-level events and highlights:
- Meeting with Hee-ryong Won, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and Vice-Minister Myeong-so Eo to discuss further co-operation. Korea has provided the seed funding for ITF's new Mobility Innovation Hub.
- Seminar with Korean ITF Transport Research Committee members on 8 December to present ITF's research activities, discuss upcoming projects and share ideas on further engagement and co-operation.
- Conference on the mobility transition organised jointly with the Korea Transportation Safety Authority (KOTSA) on 9 December (6:00 CET (14:00 UTC +9)). The conference will be followed by a special session with presentations on job opportunities at the ITF/OECD. (9 December 2022, 9:00 CET (17:00 UTC +9)).
- Signing ceremony with Hyundai Motors Corporation: The ITF Secretary-General and the senior leadership of Hyundai will celebrate Hyundai joining the ITF Corporate Partnership Board (CPB).
- Meeting with Korean Corporate Partners: The Secretary-General will meet Korean CPB member companies to discuss joint activities. (7 December 2022, 4:00 CET (12:00 UTC +9)).
The ITF delegation will also have working-level and technical meetings with various Korean counterparts.
The ITF currently has eight member countries in Asia and seeks to continue to expand its scope of work and presence in the region.