ITF South and Southwest Asia Transport Outlook
This report provides scenarios for future transport demand and CO2 emissions in South and Southwest Asia up to 2050 to help decision-makers chart pathways to sustainable, resilient transport. The scenarios reflect existing policy initiatives and specific constraints in the region. They also examine the potential impact of policies addressing the challenges and opportunities for transport from Covid-19.
- Target road freight to achieve significant reductions in transport CO2 emissions.
- Accelerate aviation's technology and fuel transition to reduce emissions.
- Reduce urban transport's carbon footprint by leveraging public transport and active modes post the pandemic.
- Link decarbonisation and regional connectivity to develop resilient transport sectors.
- Establish coherent freight reforms for sustainable outcomes.