ITF Southeast Asia Transport Outlook
This report provides scenarios for future transport demand and CO2 emissions in Southeast Asia up to 2050 to help decision-makers chart pathways to sustainable, resilient transport. The scenarios reflect existing policy initiatives and specific constraints in the region. They also examine the potential impact of policies addressing the challenges and opportunities for transport from Covid-19.
ITF South and Southwest Asia Transport Outlook
ITF North and Central Transport Outlook
- Design measures that mitigate the rise of transport emissions as demand grows in Southeast Asia and connectivity improves.
- Target maritime transport as a critical sector for decarbonising freight transport in Southeast Asia.
- Improved vehicle technologies will be important for decarbonising road transport as demand increases.
- Electrify rail networks to reduce emissions.
- Improve cross-border trade facilitation to enhance connectivity.
- Accelerate aviation's technology and fuel transition to reduce emissions.
- Leverage decarbonisation opportunities offered by urban transport.