Research Report, Policy Insights,
16 December 2021
- Formulate a countrywide accessibility policy and implement Sustainable Regional Mobility Plans (SRMP).
- Adopt a whole-of-government approach for rural public services and the local economy.
- Make regulations more flexible to allow for the development of innovative, cost-effective mobility solutions.
- Combine public mobility budgets to achieve cost savings.
- Fund pilot schemes to test innovative mobility concepts.
- Prioritise financial support for innovative services according to higher impact levels rather than use of high tech.
- Use innovative financing approaches to increase funding pools and viability of individual transport services.
- Increase central government funding for shared and active travel in rural areas.
- Provide technical assistance for rural mobility at the national or regional level.
- Promote mobility hubs to connect local services to the core network.
- Support the development of national or regional Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
7 September 2021
Roundtable Report, Policy Insights,
12 January 2021
- Develop objectives for the accessibility of remote communities.
- Establish workable definitions of remoteness and isolation to compare accessibility across regions.
- Adapt appraisal tools to account for all costs and benefits of providing good connectivity for remote regions.
- Monitor the effectiveness of support schemes for better connecting remote communities.
- Develop integrated accessibility plans to link transport and basic services.
- Support innovations that could reduce costs or improve service quality.