ITF at COP28
With the right policies, transport CO2 can be cut drastically: by nearly 70% between now and 2050. This would put the world on a path that would bring into reach the goal of limiting global warming to 1.5°C. As a UNFCCC focal point for transport, the ITF team is on hand during COP28 to share the latest evidence-based insights to help policy makers implement the climate actions we need to achieve our global climate goals.
- Our Transport Climate Action Directory provides policy makers with a catalogue of transport decarbonisation measures that have been reviewed for their effectiveness.
- Our Decarbonisation Transport initiative provides targeted studies and other tools for governments and the private sector to help them take effective climate action.
- Our Transport NDC Tracker monitors the level of ambition to decarbonise transport in countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
- Read Transport Policy Matters blog on transforming the energy and mobility sectors together.
The ITF also organises a policy dialogue on decarbonising transport. The aim is to raise awareness for the critical role of transport in combatting climate change and federate stakeholders from transport and related sectors like energy, tourism, trade and others for joint action to make transport zero-carbon and sustainable.
ITF event schedule (updating regularly):
- Cleaning up our act: global standards for the export and import of fuels and used cars
- Transport – Energy Nexus to Deliver Climate Goals and a Just Transition
- Road Transport Breakthrough Roundtable
- Taking Stock of Climate Action: Human Settlements and Transport (MPGCA Event) with SLOCAT
- Global solutions to global challenges – large scale electrification of global supply chains
- Safe City Streets necessary for Decarbonisation
- COP28 Presidency Flagship Transport: Putting Transport and Mobility on Track for 1.5C Future
- OECD Pavilion – Driving Change Together: Public-Private Collaboration for sustainable Transport Decarbonisation