25 October 2018
- Integrate the new airport into strategic plans for sustainable urban transport.
- Prioritise access by public transport in the layout of the airport terminal.
- Establish priorities for investment in public transport links to the airport.
- Preserve alignments for infrastructure than can only be funded later on.
- Plan now for links that will serve both developments on the old airport site and the new airport.
- Integrate new public transport links with existing networks seamlessly.
- Create the framework for investment in fast, seamless, reliable rail or metro links.
- Explore a range of potential funding options for premium rail or metro services.
- Maintain today’s world-class long distance coach services.
- Fund public transport investments with the potential to relieve road congestion and air pollution.
16 May 2018
- Adapt the use of connectivity metrics to specific policy challenges.
- Use a combination of approaches to assess potential knock-on effects that policy or strategy changes may have on air connectivity.
- Involve all aviation stakeholders in the policy process of developing air connectivity metrics.
- Make systematic use of air connectivity metrics to evaluate the performance of the national aviation sector and improve decision-making.