28 July 2021
- Integrate clear decarbonisation requirements into government support packages helping the sector recover from the Covid-19 crisis.
- Establish a clear long-term vision for decarbonising air transport by setting and monitoring emissions reduction targets aligned with the Paris Agreement.
- Support an international approach to mitigating the climate change impacts of aviation while implementing decarbonisation policies domestically and on a regional level.
- Introduce carbon pricing in aviation to drive an efficient transition to a greener aviation sector.
- Put in place timely and ambitious fuel quality requirements to encourage the take up of sustainable aviation fuels.
- Strengthen the effectiveness of regulatory frameworks to further energy efficiency improvements of aircraft.
- Encourage research, development and deployment of alternative propulsion systems and clean fuels, supported by clear policy frameworks for de-risking industry investments to ramp up fuel production.
- Factor in the non-CO2 climate impacts of air transport when designing decarbonisation policies.
5 May 2021
23 February 2021
- Establish clear objectives and priorities for the introduction of drone transport by identifying the best first use cases.
- Design a communication strategy that directly addresses public concerns.
- Clarify and develop drones’ status within the broader framework of aerospace regulation.
- Co‑ordinate with the drone industry to inform investment, development, and equitable policy making.
- Foster the emergence of civil aviation authorities with interdisciplinary competencies and capabilities in order to integrate drones into the transport system.
- Support the design and implementation of a robust Unmanned Air Traffic Management system.
- Develop methods for assessing the impact of drones’ full life cycle on the environment.
- Incorporate drone operations into long-term urban planning strategy using data and predictive models.