ITF Secretary-General and ITF delegation visit Korea for high-level meetings
ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim is leading an ITF delegation on a high-level visit to Korea from 5 to 9 December as part of the ITF's strategic outreach to Asia. The Korea mission will be followed by a visit to Japan and comes after the first ITF High-level Regional Dialogue on Transport for Asia, held in Bangkok, Thailand, on 22 November.
The visit to Korea will include the following high-level events and highlights:
- Meeting with Hee-ryong WON, Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and Vice-Minister Myeong-so EO to discuss further co-operation. Korea has provided the seed funding for ITF's new Mobility Innovation Hub.
- Seminar with Korean ITF Transport Research Committee members on 8 December to present ITF's research activities, discuss upcoming projects and share ideas on further engagement and co-operation.
- Conference on the mobility transition organised jointly with the Korea Transportation Safety Authority (KOTSA) on 9 December. The conference will be followed by a special session with presentations on job opportunities at the ITF/ the OECD.
- Signing ceremony with Hyundai Motors Corporation: The ITF Secretary-General and the senior leadership of Hyundai will celebrate Hyundai joining the ITF Corporate Partnership Board (CPB)
- Meeting with Korean Corporate Partners: The Secretary-General will meet Korean CPB member companies to discuss joint activities
The ITF delegation will also have working-level and technical meetings with various Korean counterparts. Please contact the ITF for more information.
Head of Communications
+33 6 15 95 03 27