Reporting Mobility Data: Good Governance Principles and Practices
This report explores the issues public authorities must address when establishing data-reporting mandates and policies. Transport systems and the people using them generate an ever-increasing amount of data which can help improve transport system performance. The risks from missing or overly broad reporting policies can be mitigated by following reporting guidelines and principles that focus on the public value of data.
- Embed individual privacy rights at the heart of data-reporting policies.
- Adopt coherent data-governance frameworks.
- Establish, document and communicate the basis for public authority data-reporting mandates.
- Align data-reporting mandates to targeted outcomes.
- Create and adhere to clear personal data processing, retention and destruction policies.
- Explore ways to ensure that data reporting preserves privacy and protects commercial interests by default.